MAPLEWOOD, NJ - An email from the Township of Maplewood informed residents that 1st Quarter 2016 property taxes are due on February 1.
Payments can be made online here, and this link can also be used to confirm payment has been received by viewing the “online payments” menu. Payments can be made directly via bank account or by credit card; varying fees are charged for payments made online.
Payments can also be made in person during office hours, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and until 7 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of the month at Maplewood Town Hall (574 Valley Street, Maplewood).
There is also a drop box located in the front door of the Municipal Building for payments. Payments will be credited the same day when received in the drop box no later than 4 p.m.
In-person payments may be made by cash, check or money order. Credit card payments are not accepted.
A few other reminders when paying property taxes:
- Payments are processed based on the date received, not the date postmarked.
- The last day of the grace period is February 10, 2016. After February 10, interest is calculated retroactive to the original due date of February 1.
- Payments are applied to all outstanding interest first and then the oldest open principal next.
- Remaining principal balances will be considered delinquent and accrue additional interest.
- All payments that are returned or rejected by the banks will be reversed and treated as never being received.
- Penalties and interest may apply at the time of repayment.