NEW JERSEY - With October in full swing there are a whole host of events happening in the Garden State this weekend. Make plans now.
- Boo at the Boardwalk is happening at Jenkinson's in Point Pleasant from noon until 4 p.m. Dress in costume and get a head start on trick or treating. There will also be face painting, crafts, pumpkins, a beach maze and more. This event is taking place on October 17 and 18 as well as October 24 and 25.
- Love to get scared? Experience the Haunted Woods of Old Bridge. See eerie lights, Halloween displays and a spooky surprise or two lurking in the darkness behind the trees. Admission is a non-perishable food item that will be donated to the Old Bridge Food Bank. Tours run from 7 p.m. until 10 p.m. at 75 Spring Hill Road in Old Bridge on October 16, 17, 18, 23, 24, 25 and 30.
- Love things that go bump in the night mixed with a history lesson? Head to Somerset and George Street in New Brunswick for a historic ghost walking tour of the city. Tours run every Friday and Saturday in October from 7:30 p.m. until 9:30. The cost of the tour is $10 and people meet in front of the gates of Old Queens Hall.
- Von Thun's Farms in Monmouth Junction is celebrating Fall Harvest Weekends all month long from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Pick apples, pumpkins, get lost in a corn maze, enjoy a hayride and more.
- Enjoy Chowder, beer and music at the Rythm and Chowder Festival in Point Pleasant Beach. The fun starts on Saturday, October 17 at noon and runs until 6 p.m. The rain date is October 24.
- Hoboken's Harvest Festival features hayrides, a hay maze, pony rides and more fall fun on Saturday, October 17 from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. at Pier A Park on 1st Street and Sinatra Drive.
The forecast this weekend is for lots of sun, but there will definitely be a fall chill in the air. Dress for the change in weather and enjoy some Garden State October fun.