MAPLEWOOD, NJ - Around 4 p.m. on Sunday, Maplewood firefighters and police responded to an emergency call from 186 Jacoby Street. 

Upon arrival, firefighters found a small electrical fire on the second floor. Assisted by one engine from South Orange, the fire was quickly extinguished, according to Maplewood Mayor Vic DeLuca, who was on site.

There was no structural damage to the house although the first floor sustained some water damage, stated DeLuca.

Sign Up for E-News

Firefighters ventilated the house to get the smoke out, with the anticipation that once the air was cleared, and no carbon monoxide, the family would be able to occupy the house again on Sunday evening.

In addition to the firefighters, the South Orange Rescue Squad was on scene should the be any need for their assistance. No injuries were reported.