MAPLEWOOD, NJ - Maplewood Police Chief Robert Cimino has issued the following statement in conjunction with the snow emergency:
Due to the declared Snow Emergency the Maplewood Police Department issues the following notifications and recommendations to the public:
1. Any and All Overnight Street Parking is Prohibited until further notice. All Street Permits and Permissions are herby revoked and are not applicable during the snow emergency.
2. Any and All vehicles parked on any street or inhibiting emergency operations in violation of Snow Emergency Parking Restrictions are subject to summons and removal by tow.
3. The Board of Education prohibits parking in all BOE lots and property during the snow emergency.
4. Do Not throw, place or plow snow into the roadways. Any individual who throws, places or plows snow into the roadway is in violation of Township Ordinance and is subject to a summons and fine.
5. Prepare for and remain alert to dangerous conditions that may develop and report emergencies by calling 911.
6. In the event of a power outage please notify your power company directly to report the outage.
7. All travel is discouraged during the storm.