MAPLEWOOD, NJ - Beginning on May 22, the Hilton and Maplecrest Jitney buses will "undergo a few minor route and schedule alterations," according to an email from the Maplewood Department of Public Works.
The changes are as follows:
New stops added to the Hilton Route:
- Stop 4: Indiana St. & Lexington Ave
- Stop 5: Millburn Ave. & Manley Ter.
- Stop 6: Valley St. & Broadview Ave
- Stop 7: Valley St. & Sommer Ave
Stops eliminated from the Hilton, and added to the Maplecrest Route:
- Rutgers St. & Franklin Ave
- Prospect St. & Hilton Ave
- Bowdoin St. & Prospect St.
- Bowdoin St. & Tuscan Rd.
New stops added to the Maplecrest Route:
- Stop 2: Rutgers St. & Franklin Ave.
- Stop 3: Prospect St. & Hilton Ave.
- Stop 4: Bowdoin St. & Prospect St.
- Stop 5: Bowdoin St. & Tuscan Rd.
The update from Public Works stated that none of the existing jitney stops on the Maplecrest Route have been eliminated. The Maplecrest Jitney will continue to stop at Norfolk Ave. & Tuscan Rd., Ivy Terrace & Oakview Ave, and Madison Ave. & Summit Ave, after stop #5.
If you board the jitney at any of the stops being eliminated from the Hilton Route, continue to wait for the jitney at your usual stop; your new jitney will be the Maplecrest, which will pick you up from your usual location, beginning May 22, stated the update.
Pick-up times have been altered to accommodate these route amendments, and a new schedule can be found in the images accompanying this article.