SOUTH ORANGE, NJ — The South Orange Fire Department didn't have far to travel from the station to Bunny's Restaurant when they were called to check on the restaurant's basement.

Leslie Pogany, Bunny's owner, told TAPinto SOMA she smelled smoke today, Jan. 22, during dinnertime and immediately called the fire department. The diners were asked to wait outside while SOFD checked the restaurant's basement and the building next door. 

A malfunctioning piece of equipment was found to be the cause of the smell and no fire was present. The all clear was given and many relieved families went back inside for their meals.