SOMA FLAG FOOTBALL FALL 2016 For players ages 8-14 as of August 1, 201
If you have been seeking an exciting, fun and safe alternative to tackle football, this is it! SOMA Flag Football is for South Orange and Maplewood players ages 8 through 14 AS OF AUGUST 1, 2016. This program is sponsored by the Department of Recreation in affiliation with NFL Flag. All teams will be named after an NFL football team, and players will receive belts, flags and game jerseys with NFL logos and colors. NFL FLAG rules and regulations have been adopted for use. Detailed rules for this 5-on-5 flag football program can be found on the NFL Flag website.
REGISTRATION IS MONDAY, JUNE 20
Registration for SOMA Flag Football will be taken IN PERSON as follows:
Monday, June 20, 2016 - 7 to 9 PM Baird Center 5 Mead Street, South Orange.
- Players must be residents of South Orange or Maplewood.
- Each player must be registered in person by a parent, guardian or responsible adult. Registration of multiple, un-related players by a single adult will not be permitted.
- Adult must present an original birth certificate or passport AND a completed registration form (attached to the right) for all players.
- In accordance with NFL Flag guidelines, brackets are determined by players age as of August 1, 2016. We cannot accept children who will not be 8 by 8/1/16 or who will turn 15 before that date. There will be 3 divisions by age groups as follows: 8-9 years old, 10-11 years old, 12-14 years old.
- The registration fee of $90 will be due in full at time of registration.
- Registration is first-come, first-serve and will be limited to a total of 120 players (40 players per division, 4 teams per age group, 10 players per team).
PLAYER ASSESSMENTS - WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22
All registered players will be assessed by parent volunteers for the purpose of balancing teams. All registered players will be assigned to a team. The first assessment will be held on Wednesday, June 22 - 7 to 9 PM Cameron Field (Rain site South Orange Middle School).
Additional information regarding assessments will be distributed to registered players. One or two additional assessment dates will be added during the latter half of July, if needed. For more information, CLICK HERE. Questions regarding this new Flag Football program can be addressed to email@example.com. A member of the SOMA Flag Football volunteer committee will reply.