Updated information on June 8 here.
SOUTH ORANGE, NJ - The South Orange Community Pool, which the Recreation Department had previously stated would not be open Memorial Day weekend but would have a delayed opening on June 2, provided an additional update on Thursday that the "new date anticipated for opening the South Orange Community Pool is Saturday, June 9th."
According to the Recreation Department, "weather issues, both the early spring snow and the ongoing spring rain, have caused delays in the construction project underway to replace the main pool filter system."
The filter replacement project was planned in order to improve the performance of pool filtration and also to meet requirements mandated in the new 2018 NJ State Bathing Code regulations, stated the Recreation Department.
The revised schedule is as follows:
- Pool open on weekends only, beginning Saturday, June 9, noon to 8 p.m.
- Regular season hours begin Saturday, June 23, as follows:
- Monday-Friday noon to 8 p.m. (7:30 p.m. beginning August 15)
- Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (7:30 p.m. beginning August 15)
- Wednesday, July 4, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Labor Day Weekend, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Recreation Department update apologized for "any inconvenience this will cause resident families." and stated that updates will be provided on the South Orange Village website at www.southorange.org and/or on twitter @SOPool.