SOUTH ORANGE AND MAPLEWOOD, NJ - Fall foliage has been at its peak the last few weeks in South Orange and Maplewood, and TAPinto SOMA is sharing some of the best local places enjoy the autumn foliage.
To have your photos added to the gallery here or to share your favorite spots to find fall foliage in and around SOMA, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Favorite Fall Foliage Places in Essex County
- Memorial Park (Maplewood)
- Meadowland Park and Floods Hill (South Orange)
- South Mountain Reservation (Maplewood, Millburn, West Orange)
- Reservoir/Waterfront Area of South Mountain Recreation Complex (West Orange)
- Eagle Rock Reservation (West Orange)
Best New Jersey Foliage Places (from the NJ Department of Environmental Protection website)
- Stokes State Forest - At an elevation of more than 1,500 feet above sea level, mountain top views await visitors at the crest of Sunrise Mountain. (Branchville, NJ)
- High Point State Park - View a spectacular panorama of rich farmland and forest, soft hills and lush valleys in three states. (Sussex, NJ)
- Cheesequake State Park - Open fields, saltwater and freshwater marshes, a white cedar swamp, Pine Barrens and a northeastern hardwood forest provides an explosion of color and impressive sights.(Matawan, NJ)
- Parvin State Park - The park not only has pine forests typical to the area but also a swamp hardwood forest. Look for the beauty of the dogwood, laurel, holly and magnolia trees as they change in color. (Pittsgrove Township, NJ)