SOUTH ORANGE, NJ - The South Orange Community Pool will have a delayed season opening, and will not be open Memorial Day Weekend, according to an update from the Department of Recreation and Cultural Affairs.
According to the Recreation Department, "weather issues, both the early spring snow and the ongoing spring rain, have caused delays in the construction project underway to replace the main pool filter system."
The filter replacement project was planned in order to improve the performance of pool filtration and also to meet requirements mandated in the new 2018 NJ State Bathing Code regulations, stated the Recreation Department.
The revised schedule is as follows:
- Pool open on weekends only, beginning Saturday, June 2, noon to 8 p.m.
- Regular season hours begin Saturday, June 23, as follows:
- Monday-Friday noon to 8 p.m. (7:30 p.m. beginning August 15)
- Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (7:30 p.m. beginning August 15)
- Wednesday, July 4, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Labor Day Weekend, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The Recreation Department update apologized for "any inconvenience this will cause resident families." and stated that updates will be provided on the South Orange Village website at www.southorange.org and/or on twitter @SOPool.