SUMMIT, NJ - Kayleigh Wolff of Maplewood was one of eight members of the Oak Knoll School of the Holy Child Class of 2019 to confirm continued commitment to athletic competition by signing early National Letters of Intent to compete at the collegiate level, according to a press release from Oak Knoll.
Wolff has committed to playing lacrosse at the University of Notre Dame.
Wolff holds the position of Athletic Council president after serving as a class representative for the previous three years. Wolff is also an Extraordinary Eucharistic Minister, a three-year member of the Forensics Club and a Community Food Bank volunteer, stated the press release from Oak Knoll.
The student-athletes officially signed letters of intent – or have become committed to the admissions process in the case of Ivy League institutions – during a ceremony involving members of the athletic department, faculty, staff, administration and parents, on Nov. 14.
“Many of you have been tremendous leaders on this campus and currently hold some of the highest leadership positions,” said Oak Knoll's Athletic Director Kelly Childs. “Others have spent countless hours doing community service and pursuing other passions. This is the true mark of a student-athlete and your commitment to each other and serving our greater community will help you greatly at the next level.”
Childs also thanked the parents, administrators, coaches, teammates and friends in attendance who have all supported and will continue to support athletic and personal endeavors.
In addition to Wolff, other committed student-athletes include:
- Margaret Andersen ’19, Madison – Colgate University, lacrosse
- Shannon Costello ’19, Morristown – St. Bonaventure University, softball
- Kendall Hanlon ’19, New Vernon – Boston College, field hockey
- Caitlin McHale ’19, Summit – Bucknell University, lacrosse
- Sara McKenna ’19, Summit – College of the Holy Cross, lacrosse
- Caroline Ramsey ’19, Morristown – Cornell University, field hockey
- Christine Sieber ’19, Mendham – Princeton University, lacrosse