SUMMIT, NJ – Two Maplewood residents -- Claire Galvin and Ryan Schlageter -- are part of one of the biggest classes of commits in Oak Knoll School history, as 14 members of the Royals' Class of 2018 confirmed their continued commitment to athletic competition by signing early National Letters of Intent.
Athletic director Kelly Childs lauded the student-athletes and Oak Knoll coaches, faculty, staff and parents who have supported them in their athletic endeavors.
“To be a successful student-athlete takes the support from many people along the way, some of whom are in this gym today,” Childs said. “To the coaches here today and cheering you on from afar, they have and they will continue to support your athletic and personal endeavors."
“Finally, to the parents and family in this gym today, on behalf of your daughters, thank you for the sideline cheers, the rides to and from, the countless pasta parties and pump-up buddy supply runs, and thank you for your support after the best game and the embrace after the worst.”
Childs also thanked Head of School Timothy J. Saburn, Upper School division head Jennifer Landis, director of college counseling Kathleen Skiff and associate director of college counseling Jennifer Wilson.
The following senior student-athletes signed letters of intent on Nov. 8 or have become committed to the admissions process for Ivy League institutions:
- Ali McCarthy of Madison – Princeton, field hockey
- Gabby Andretta of New Vernon – Princeton, field hockey
- Bella Brosie of New Vernon – Villanova, field hockey
- Jordan McGinley of Morristown – Villanova, field hockey
- Grace Sanders of Short Hills – Fordham University, diving
- Kate Kelly of Summit – Columbia, lacrosse
- Emily Dolan of Summit – Lehigh, track and field
- Cami Haarmann of Mendham – Cornell, field hockey
- Claire Galvin of Maplewood – Michigan, lacrosse
- Ryan Schlageter of Maplewood – Columbia, lacrosse
- Juli Porto of Berkeley Heights – Stanford, field hockey
- Lindsay Criqui of Essex Fells – Colgate, swimming
- Elizabeth Denehy of Essex Fells – Harvard, field hockey
- Annabelle Zebrowski of Verona – Georgetown, lacrosse