MAPLEWOOD, NJ - The Springfield Avenue Partnership and Maplewood Loves Wellness committee are hosting the third annual Health & HarvestFest this Saturday, October 7. The event runs from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Hilton Library Branch area and Gazebo grounds at 1688 Springfield Ave.
According to event organizers, the family-friendly event will feature something for everyone including kids activities, music by DJ Jimmy B, a cooking demonstration and a healthy cooking contest at noon, which includes free samples.
There will also be over 35 vendors including retail, food and health and wellness businesses from Springfield Avenue, Maplewood, and neighboring communities, stated event organizers.
Entertainment planned includes performances by Inspirational Dance, Blue Life Karate, LaChaney’s Dance & Music Academy, and Preschool of Rock. A performance schedule can be found here: http://springfieldavenue.com/events/harvestfest
St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare will be offering free Rabies vaccinations and are open to residents of any town. The St. Hubert’s Van will be onsite in a parking area adjacent to the event, according to an update from the Springfield Avenue Partnership.
Activities for the kids are unlimited with wristband purchase ($8 each or two for $15) and include:
- Pumpkin patch and painting sponsored by Express Yourself Studios
- Bounce House sponsored by CKO Kickboxing of Maplewood
- Petting Zoo & Pony Rides sponsored by Vanessa Pollock of KWR Midtown Direct Realty, Tile Design Inspirations and County to County Landscaping
- Wristbands are provided by Woolley Home Solutions
- Old fashioned street games: hula hoops, jump ropes, bean bag toss, hopscotch and sidewalk chalk drawing provided by the Springfield Avenue Partnership
More information is available at: www.SpringfieldAvenue.com.