Admissions & Financial Aid: What it Takes to Get Into College Today at the Somers Library
Saturday, September 21 from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
In this program presented by Stephanie Mauro of College Planning 101, you will learn:
- A time-line for success—where you should start in the college planning process.
- How important are SAT & ACT tests and how they can make college affordable
- What the more selective colleges really want to see in your student’s application.
- The financial aid systems and how they work and why it’s important to have your expected family contribution (EFC) calculated BEFORE your student visits colleges
- How to maximize your student’s potential to receive scholarships, grants, and forms of merit aid
- The differences between the FAFSA and CSS Profile financial aid forms and how they affect the cost of college
- What financial aid really means to a family and how need is determined
- The parental, student and other family assets that take away from qualifying for financial aid
- The differences between the federal and private loan programs
- How it’s possible to attend a Private College for a Public College Price.
- Two case studies showing how college planning makes a difference
And much, much more……
Registration is required; please register on our online events calendar at www.somerslibrary.org or call the library at 232-5717.
Our programs are funded by the Friends of the Somers Library through your donations. Thanks for your support!
The Somers Library ~ 914-232-5717 ~ www.somerslibrary.org