SOMERS, N.Y. – Students in the TEAM Tuskers mentoring program created 120 “survival kits” for local first responders.
The mentees spent two weeks creating the goodie bags, which contain:
- Life Savers—“To remind you of the many times you've been one.”
- Starbursts—“For that burst of energy you'll need.”
- Payday—“Because you're not doing it for the money.”
- Paper Clip—“To help you hold it all together.”
- Hershey Kisses—“Because you deserve them from all.”
- Gum—“To help your unit to stick together.”
- Tootsie Roll—“To help you roll with the punches.”
- Peppermint Patty—“To help you keep your cool.”
- Snickers—“To remind you to keep your sense of humor.”
On Thursday, Feb. 16, the students handed out the survival kits to the Somers Police Department, Somers Volunteer Fire Department and Somers' two school resource officers.