Recognizing and Relieving Stress – Tools for Parents and Caregivers Managing New Stress at Home
Tuesdays, 12-12:30pm, and Thursdays, 3-3:30pm, 4/28-5/14
Webinar sessions will be held through Zoom video conference.
Hosts: Phil Kavanagh, Director of School Counseling and Student Support
Dr. Jennifer Simon, Mindfulness practitioner, researcher and instructor.
This will be a recurring presentation for the next 3 weeks (pending demonstrated interest) designed for parents and caregivers in the Somers community. The goal of each presentation will be to:
- Better understand new stressors and anxiety triggers.
- Understand the connection between our thoughts, feelings and behaviors.
- Connect with resources to help learn about and identify personal stressors.
- Better understand the mind/body connection.
- Learn approaches and perspectives on managing our stress.
- Learn from our fellow community members, hear both our common and unique struggles, and target special areas that may require more focused support in subsequent programs supported by our schools.