BERNARDSVILLE, NJ — The Bernardsville Police Department, following the lead of the New Jersey Department of Health, has issued the following guidelines for Halloween, which is next Saturday, Oct. 31.
The Bernardsville Police Department would like to stress the following practices for safety:
1. Avoid trick or treating in large groups, Trick or Treat with family
members or in small personal groups while practicing social
2. Trick or Treat close to home in your own neighborhood.
3. Do not congregate or stay stationary in crowds that might form
on streets or in neighborhoods.
4. Wear a face covering and stay at least 6 feet apart from other
people at all times.
5. Respect a Lights On - Lights Off Practice for Trick or Treating -
Many people may not want to participate in Trick or Treating this
year due to the pandemic. If you do not want to participate,
turn off your porch lights. Trick or Treaters are asked to not visit
doors with exterior porch lights turned off.
6. Use a flashlight, wear reflective clothing or other devices and
watch for traffic.
7. Be alert and watch out for cars at all times.
Drivers use caution and park only in permitted areas.