SOMERVILLE, NJ - The Borough Police Department has an opening for a police officer and is now accepting resumes.
Applicants must have completed the Basic Course for Police Officers and be certified by the New Jersey Police Training Commission or be enrolled currently in the Basic Course for Police Officers at an accredited New Jersey police academy.
Starting salary will be dependent on provisions of the current labor contract.
To be considered for appointment to the position, the applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old and a citizen of the United States;
- Be a resident of New Jersey at the time of appointment and possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license;
- Be of good health and able to pass a medical examination that satisfies guidelines provided by the New Jersey Police Training Commission;
- Be of sound mind and able to successfully pass psychological testing establishing fitness for duty as a police officer;
- Be able to read, write and speak English well and intelligently;
- Be of good moral character and not convicted of any criminal offense involving moral turptitude. Applicant will be required to submit to a criminal background check to determine eligibility for employment;
- Be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation.
To apply for the position, submit resume to Chief Dennis Manning. Resumes will be accepted via US Mail at 24 South Bridge St., Somerville, 08876, via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at police headquarters.
Do not call police headquarters regarding the position. All candidates selected to advance to the next level will be contacted by the Somerville Police Department.