SOMERVILLE, NJ—Eight Broadway and off-Broadway professionals will join performers who are current students and alumni of Somerville High School for its second annual “Best of Broadway” show Oct. 24 at 7 p.m.
The showcase of Broadway favorites, which features more than 30 performers in 25 acts, is a fundraiser for the school’s spring musical, "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying."
Featured professionals include:
- Robin Lee Gallo, (SHS ’99), appeared on Broadway in “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” and on the national tours of "Miss Saigon" and "Happily Ever After."
- Daniel Quadrino is part of the current Broadway cast of “Wicked” and has been in the cast of “Newsies” and “Bye Bye Birdie” on Broadway.
- Angel Desai starred in the acclaimed 2006 revival of “Company” on Broadway, and has performed in numerous Off-Broadway productions and has many film and television credits.
- Jordan Barrow is making his Broadway debut in spring 2017 in a lead role in the new musical “Sousatzka,” opposite Montego Glover and Victoria Clark. He previously was seen at Shakespeare in the Park and Papermill Playhouse.
- Ashley Park played Tuptim in the recent Tony-nominated revival of “The King and I” on Broadway. She has also appeared in “Mamma Mia” on Broadway and in the first National Tour of “Cinderella.”
Featured alumni include:
Corby Swan, (SHS ’90), studied vocal and instrumental music in college, and taught instrumental music in Branchburg Central Middle School. The former vice principal of Whiton School in Branchburg, Swan is now principal at Bedminster School.
Amy Dilts, (SHS ’96), teaches vocal music at Branchburg Central Middle School.
Tickets can be purchased in advance at shsdrama.ticketleap.com/bob2 for $12 through Oct. 23 or at the door for $15 while seats remain.
For more information contact Justin Cimino at 908-698-1663, or email@example.com