HILLSBOROUGH, NJ - Township officials are confirming a resident has tested positive for the Coronavirus (COVID-10).
The individual had close contact with a coworker in Middlesex County who had previously tested positive for COVID-19.
The Hillsborough Township resident is currently in isolation.
“The Hillsborough Township Health Department is monitoring the resident and is working with the state to identify any potential contacts for follow-up,” said Siobhan Spano, township Health Officer.
The COVID-19 prevention guidelines for Hillsborough Township residents remain the same:
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick (within 6 feet);
● Wash your hands often with soap and water. If they are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol;
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
● Clean frequently touched surfaces like doorknobs, switches, cabinet handles, remotes, tables, counters, sinks and toilets.
● What should I do if I am sick? Stay home. Avoid close contact with other people (within 6 feet), including family members;
● Cover your sneeze or cough with a tissue or your sleeve, not your hands;
● Call your doctor if your symptoms get worse or if you have trouble breathing.
If you have more questions: Call 1-800-222-1222 Visit https://NJ.gov/health or https://cdc.gov