SOUTH ORANGE, NJ – Village Apartments of the Jewish Federation, a senior living community, will be holding a variety of creative workshops, health seminars, and Purim festivities in March that are open to all area seniors.
Program organizers state that "the programs are a mix of creativity, spirituality, education and musical fun."
The full schedule is as follows:
- Tues., March 1 -- Two creative arts programs will be held in the afternoon. At 2:30 p.m., Megan Fainsinger, a therapeutic horticulturist with ART! By the People, will lead a workshop on creating a floral design project. At 5:30 p.m., activities coordinator April Osborne will lead a watercolor painting project. Participants can choose to paint a picture from a photograph provided by Osborne or bring their own reference photo for their project.
- Tues., March 8 – Paul Rabinowitz of ART! By the People will lead a group discussion starting at 5:30 p.m. about various poets; participants will analyze poetry pieces and will be encouraged to develop their own original poem during the session. Rabinowitz leads monthly poetry workshops at Village Apartments.
- Wed., March 9 – Learn about sleep disorders that affect older adults in a presentation at 1 p.m. by Jaqueline Morgado, RPSGT, lead technologist at The Sleep Center for Sleep Disorders at Saint Barnabas Medical Center.
- Wed., March 16 – Residents and guests can get an early start on Purim fun with entertainer Hagit Sheer, who will present a lively musical program at 1 p.m.
- Tues., March 29 – Karen Frank, RN, whose work focuses on integrating physical, emotional and spiritual health, will present “Getting What You Want” at 5:30 p.m.
Village Apartments is located at 110 Vose Avenue in South Orange, and the residence offers a range of housing options, services and amenities for independent seniors; it is one of four senior living communities in Essex and Morris counties that are owned and managed by The Jewish Community Housing Corporation of Metropolitan New Jersey (JCHC). For information about Village Apartments, visit www.jchcorp.org or call (973) 763-0999. To check the monthly calendar, click on the Village Apartments tab on the left and select from the menu.