When people are considering buying a home in South Orange or Maplewood, I often get the question "is the town worth the property taxes?" My answer is a resounding "Yes." Sure we have a convenient 30 minute train ride to New York City and beautiful, unique homes; but it's the intangible aspects of our towns and its generous residents that make SOMA a truly special place to live.
Here are ten of my favorite things about SOMA in the Spring:
- Blooming trees and flowers in the South Mountain Reservation
- Enjoying food, music, and fun along Springfield Avenue during Mayfest
- Floating down Columbia's hallways on a homemade hover board during Maker Madness Day
- Running into friends while walking through Maplewood Village
- Seeing unique and historic homes at the many open houses
- Dashing through Memorial Park with my kids during the spring egg hunt
- Cleaning up the Rahway River on South Orange River Day
- Watching the talented students in the Columbia High School's annual musical
- Cheering on our rubber ducks at the Memorial Day duck races
- Volunteering for Keller Williams day of service, RED Day (Renew, Energize and Donate, May 11th.)
Shannon Severin is a long-time resident of South Orange, mom of 3, and real estate agent for Keller Williams Mid-Town Direct.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.