Hello, all! Please make sure to check the South Plainfield Public Library’s website at southplainfield.lib.nj.us or our Facebook page for the most up-to-date information on our available services.
The South Plainfield Public Library has curbside pickup available, as well as limited in-person service. If you are a South Plainfield resident or from out of town, you have the ability to request books, DVDs, and video games (and crafts for your children!) to pick up curbside. Please go to our website at southplainfield.lib.nj.us/curbside.htm for information on the many ways you can request items.
For limited in-person service, you can call us at (908) 754-7885 ext 3 to make an appointment to visit the library to pick up items, use the computer, the copier, and the fax machine, and have documents notarized. If there is space, you may be allowed as a walk-in. There is limited capacity, and you will have a time limit for your visit. The door will be locked, so you will have to ring the doorbell to be let in. You must wear a face mask at all times in the building, and please follow social distancing guidelines. Please see our website southplainfield.lib.nj.us/limitedaccess.pdf for more information on our limited in-person service. All items being returned must be placed in the outside book drops.
Have you signed up for Summer Reading yet? We have programs for all ages, from babies to adults! It looks a little different this year, as registering and recording your books is all done online through ReadSquared (sppl.readsquared.com). If you’d like more information and instructions on how to get started, you can visit our website at southplainfield.lib.nj.us/SRC2020.htm. If you have already registered for Summer Reading for our picture book and chapter book programs, prizes for July are ready to be picked up! You can request to pick up your goodie bag of prizes through our curbside pickup program or when you are in the library for the limited in-person service.
For August, we are still doing virtual programming through Zoom! Please go to our website at southplainfield.lib.nj.us for registration instructions. It will let you know when you go to register if the class is full. All programs are listed on the website as well, so always check there for a comprehensive list. Here is the list of Zoom programs for the week:
Monday, August 3:
- Bilingual Chinese Storytime at 10:30 AM; it is presented in Mandarin and English, and you do not need to know Mandarin to enjoy this program.
- Mommy & Me Kung Fu for ages 5 and up at 4:30 PM
- Spanish Storytime with Ms. Jailene can be found on our Youtube channel
Tuesday, August 4:
- Storytime for ages 2 to 4 at 10:30 AM
- Korean Storytime with Ms. Park at 11:30 AM; you do not need to know Korean to enjoy this program.
- Chinese Book Club for children in first grade and up at 1:30 PM: you must know some Mandarin for this program.
- Hip Hop Dance Class for ages 6 to 9 at 5:45 PM
Wednesday, August 5:
- Storytime for ages 2 to 4 at 10:30 AM
- Tween Time: Pictionary for ages 8 and up at 4 PM
- Storytime for ages 4 and up at 6:30 PM
Thursday, August 6:
- Math Club for ages 7 to 9 at 9:45 AM
- Storytime for ages 2 to 4 is canceled
- Zumba for ages 6 to 9 at 4:30 PM
- Let’s Learn Spanish with Ms. Jailene at 6:30 PM
Friday, August 7:
- Babytime for under age 2 at 10:15 AM
- Simple Snacks: Kitchen Creativity with Ms. Mija for ages 5 to 8 at 3 PM; she will be showing you how to make smoothies!
Saturday, August 8:
- Propbox Players Virtual Theatre for ages 3 to 8 presents “Princess and the Pea” at 11 AM; this is a sensory friendly retelling of the classic fairytale where a girl is put through royal challenges that help us determine if she really is a princess or not.
If you are looking for information on the coronavirus COVID-19, here are some resources at the federal, state, and local levels:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at www.cdc.gov or more specifically www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCov/
- The official site of the state of New Jersey at https://covid19.nj.gov/
- For general COVID-19 questions, call 2-1-1; for medical COVID-19 questions, call 1-800-962-1253 (24/7). You can also text NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive alerts.
- Middlesex County at www.middlesexcountynj.gov or more specifically www.discovermiddlesex.com/covid19/
- The Borough of South Plainfield Facebook page posts updates about the town, county, and state.