Come on by for Monday Night Movies this Monday, March 16 at 6:25 PM (please note the earlier start time for this week!). This week’s selection is a newly released World War II movie portraying the Attack on Pearl Harbor and the Battle of Midway, along with other battles in the Pacific Theatre. It stars Woody Harrelson, Luke Evans, Dennis Quaid, Mandy Moore, Aaron Eckhart, Patrick Wilson, and Ed Skrein, to name a few of this large ensemble cast. It is rated PG-13. Please keep in mind that the doors will open at 6:10 PM to allow us to finish setting up for the movie. If you are unable to make it to the Monday night showing, we will be showing the movie again on Wednesday, March 18 at 12:30 PM.
On Saturday, March 21, instead of the regularly scheduled Babytime and Toddler Time, the South Plainfield Public Library will be participating in the New Jersey Makers Day. From 10 AM to 12 PM, drop by to experience some awesome STEAM themes in action. Different stations will be set up where children can learn about Arduino, network cables, snap circuits, virtual reality, plants, art, and more! There will also be special guests the Lego Dragons Robotics Team. No registration is required.
Also on Saturday, March 21, come by anytime between 3:00 to 4:30 PM for a Color-a-thon to color a picture that will be sent off to a non-profit organization, ColorASmile.org. They will deliver your artwork to senior citizens, our troops overseas, or anyone in need of a smile. This is the senior project of a student at South Plainfield High School. It is for all ages.
Here are the regular Children’s Storytimes for the week: Toddler Time for ages 2 and up meets Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 10:30 AM. Playtime immediately follows Toddler Time on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 11:15 AM. Family Storytime meets Wednesday at 6:30 PM. Babytime for children under age 2 meets Friday at 10:15 AM and 11:15 AM.
Here are all the other regular Children’s Programs:
Monday, March 16:
- Chinese Storytime with Ms. Kitty at 10:30 AM
- Afternoon Gaming at 3 PM for ages 12 and older; we have board games and the dock for a Nintendo Switch
- Korean Storytime with Ms. Park at 5:30 PM
- Spanish Storytime with Ms. Jailene and Ms. Mija at 6:30 PM
Tuesday, March 17:
- Art Cart at 3 PM for ages 10 and older; this month’s program is a special Peeps edition
- Chinese Book Club with Ms. Kitty at 4 PM for children in first grade and above
Thursday, March 19:
- Lego Club at 3:30 PM
- Learn Spanish with Ms. Jailene at 6:30 PM
Friday, March 20:
- Anime Club at 3 PM for ages 10 and up
- Italian Storytime with Ms. Maria at 3:30 PM
Always remember to check the calendar or the South Plainfield Public Library Facebook page for any changes.