On November 5th, we have a chance to elect two candidates for council who, in my opinion, will keep South Plainfield moving forward. They are Melanie Mott and Pete Smith. Without the help of people like Melanie Mott and Pete Smith, we wouldn’t be able to do many of the things that are helping us go in the right direction, things like:
· Having one of the lowest tax rates in the county.
· Earning the respect of the financial community, which calls South Plainfield’s finances “very strong” and “stable.”
· Forging a bipartisan solution that doubled the size of the library without borrowing or raising taxes.
· Willow Park expansion and the addition of the Southside Dog Park.
· Getting utility companies TO REPAVE roads after they dig them up.
· Investing in our public safety departments, including new ambulances, fire apparatus and police vehicles and technology.
· Negotiated a shared services agreement with our Board of Ed that provided more resource officers for our schools.
Melanie Mott and Pete Smith will help ensure that Mayor Anesh and our team keep getting these types of results for all of South Plainfield residents. I hope you will support them on Tuesday November 5th.