JAMES FENIMORE REST STOP, NJ TURNPIKE – I’m headed back to Jersey this week to get back into shape. The first two weeks have been rough. I’m almost as bad as the Jets and Giants. I went 2-3 for the second straight week. I’m 4-6 on the year. I picked Miami to win on the road, and I won the Atlanta game. My other three picks were losses. It’s bad when my niece and son of Four Fingers submit picks to save the family name. What’s worse is they were no better. My niece was 1-4 and Son of Four Fingers went 2-3. This Juveyman guy is still at it. He submits picks, calls me a knucklehead and does no better. He must be a blue collar guy from Jersey. Just like his golf game, his picks came up short.
Anyway, I’m at a rest stop on the turnpike and don’t have time to talk. Here are my picks for week #3. Home Dogs are the story.
WEEK #3 PICKS
- Philadelphia -4 Over Giants – The Giants looked awful on Monday night because they are awful. The Eagles and Giants are headed in different directions, and the Eagles would like nothing better than to pound the GMen into the ground. Eagles win big 33-20.
- Jets +6 over Miami – The Jets are awful, but they are a home dog. Miami is coming off a big win on the road in San Diego. Cutler throws a few picks, and the Jets get some special teams help and lose a heartbreaker 24-23.
- Chicago +7 ½ over Pittsburgh – Home dogs are hard to pass up. Da Bears will keep it tight. Big Ben has too many weapons, Steelers win, but Da Bears cover 27-20.
- Jacksonville +4 over Baltimore – Another home dog, but this is an upset special. Baltimore isn’t as good as everyone thinks. Jacksonville defense comes up big and the Panthers win 20-17.
- Minnesota -3 over Tampa Bay – It doesn’t matter who is behind center for Minnesota. The Vikings defense will sink the Bucs all game long. Minny wins big 27-17.