Johnny Four Fingers had no Luck last week. Literally no Luck. Four Fingers got the first two picks right, but it was all downhill after that. The Four Finger Man warned everyone to watch the injury list, and that is what bit me in the Indy vs Jacksonville game. Luck was a Sunday scratch, and I was left scratching going 2-3 as the rain came down here in the Carolinas. This week is going to be my big rebound.
Let’s get right into the picks.
WEEK #5 PICKS
- Philadelphia – 4 ½ New Orleans. They’re not the Aint’s, but they are headed in that direction. Drew Brees is 7-10 on the road since 2013, N.O. has only 3 takeaways all year and up until last week they couldn’t score more than 24 points. They’re defense has allowed opposing quarterbacks a 113.3 passer rating so even Bradford should have a good game. Eagles 27-21.
- Kansas City – 9 over Chicago. Bears got their win last week. Alex Smith is undefeated at home as Chiefs QB versus NFC teams. They rebound in a big way just like Four Fingers and crush Da Bears. 38-10.
- Tampa Bay - 3 ½ over Jacksonville. Jacksonville just doesn’t bounce back after that horrible loss in Indy. No Luck, and three missed field goals? You have to be kidding me. A weak Buc team is still too much for the Jags. Tampa 24-17.
- Tennessee + 3 ½ over Buffalo. I think Rex was planning on a trip to the Super Bowl after beating Indy in week one. He probably will be there, but in the stands. Indy isn’t that good, and neither are the Bills. It’s never easy on the road, particularly for a young QB. The Bills win, but do not cover 27-24.
- Detroit + 3 ½ over Arizona. Detroit should have beaten Seattle, and they come home angry looking to prove something to everyone. Cards are coming back to earth. Upset special. The Lions win a wild one over the Cards 31-30.
EDITORS NOTE: TAP into South Plainfield received the following message from a person that identified himself as Tuna. “Johnny, you’re 11-9, barely above average. You ought to know better than to spike the ball in Week #2. I think you should change your name from Four Fingers to Mr. September!”