The Middle School Junior National Honor Society was instrumental in hanging all the beautiful decorations at the senior center. The students set aside 3 afternoons to complete the task.
Donna Tierney is the advisor of this amazing group of students. The teachers took the time to walk students after school to the Senior center and supervise their “ELF” duties.
The other teachers who make up the FACULTY COUNCIL are Elizabeth Veiss, Marilyn Carney, Anna Kousoulis, Christine Brandenburg & Marianne Decker.
Qualifications of NHS - Students in grades 7 and 8 who meet the requirements for membership outlined by their school’s chapter are eligible to be invited for membership, which is based on the five pillars of National Junior Honor Society.
- Per national guidelines, at a minimum, students must have a cumulative GPA of 85, B, 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent standard of excellence. (Each school chapter is allowed to require a higher cumulative GPA.)
- This involves voluntary contributions made by a student to the school or community, done without compensation.
- Student leaders are those who are resourceful, good problem solvers, and idea contributors. Leadership experiences can be drawn from school or community activities while working with or for others.
- The student of good character is cooperative; demonstrates high standards of honesty and reliability; shows courtesy, concern, and respect for others; and generally maintains a clean disciplinary record.
- The student who demonstrates citizenship understands the importance of civic engagement; has a high regard for freedom and justice; respects the U.S. form of government; respects the law for all citizens at the local, state, and federal levels; and demonstrates mature participation and responsibility in activities such as scouting, community organizations, or school clubs.
Students who meet the scholarship requirement will have an opportunity to complete a form detailing their accomplishments in and commitment to service, leadership, character, and citizenship.
Olivia Glynn *
Alyssa Jacome *
Alyssa Rivera *
On behalf of the Senior Center, Thank you! It truly takes a community effort.
News from the Senior Center
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.