A little over a year ago my father lost his independence due to health issues. The most difficult road block was being able to get him to and from his doctor appointments because of his inability to descend or accent steps. A ramp was needed, but the funds simply were not there. Then a friend of mine invited my daughter to an Elks Christmas party. Knowing that they are community minded prompted me to ask her if the Elks made donations or gifts to the needy. She told me she would direct the question to the proper members and get back to me.
The next thing I knew, a huge part of the community was involved; and in the worst heat of a few summer days, a ramp was erected on my parents’ property. God works in amazing ways, and many times, through amazing people.
With a heart full of gratitude I thank the following :
- Cynthia Freund - Who not only got the ball rolling after I inquired about the Elks interest in helping a disabled Vet acquire a ramp; but who kept the ball rolling, uphill, after I had to beg out of being involved due to health issues of my own, and now of my daughter. - Cynthia what more can I say than... Thank you! You are awesome! And I love you for always.
- South Plainfield, NJ Elks Club of South Plainfield, NJ
- Councilman Derryck C. White of South Plainfield, NJ
- Mayor Matthew Anesh of South Plainfield, NJ
- Knights of Columbus of South Plainfield, NJ
- Squires Club of South Plainfield, NJ
- Home Depot
- The Alternative Press of South Plainfield
Each bringing significant contribution.
I thank you all for having it in your hearts to do so much good, and for supporting those in need, (especially vets). Abundant blessings be poured upon you all!
Dawn J. Robjohns DeFrance
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer. Click here to submit a Letter to the Editor.