PLAINFIELD, NJ - Around 2:00 pm on Tuesday, June 27, a fire broke out at a wood frame two-story home on East 7th Street between Leland Avenue and Marshall Place.
In addition to Plainfield, fire services from neighboring towns were on hand, including South Plainfield, North Plainfield, Cranford and Westfield.
A neighbor who didn't want to give her name said she heard what sounded like an explosion, and when she stuck her head out of her window, a Plainfield fire truck was pulling up.
Nick, the owner of the house, said it may have been caused by a propane tank on the back porch.
No injuries were reported, and TAPinto Plainfield saw a fireman bring a small dog out of the home, to the relief of one of the renters.
Around 3:30 pm, there were reports that the fire was under control.