SOUTH PLAINFIELD, NJ - On Sunday March 11th South Plainfield current and former residents came out in force to support the Eggert Family and stand up against cancer. The Volleyball fundraiser was a great success and would not have happened without all of the great support from the community. Once again South Plainfield showed that we are a tight knit community who looks out for each other, especially when times are tough. Although the volleyball on the court was not always pretty, the heart shown by all was quite impressive. Congrats to Cookies and Cream who won the adult division over the South Plainfield PBA and the Hash Slinging Slashers who won the High School division over the Student Leadership team.
We would like to thank the following people and organizations who were instrumental in organizing and contributing to this event.
- Mrs. Mickey Wrublevski and the South Plainfield Athletic Booster Club
- Superintendent Noreen Lishak and the Board of Education
- Christine Jones and Christine Geczy
- Italian American Progressive League
- The James Boyle Foundation
- Darlene Cullen and TAP
- Renato Birbin
- Eddie and Renee Eggert
- John Geczy - special guest referee.
- South Plainfield Jr Baseball Club
- The Original Lucia’s Pizza
- Mike Grzenda who generously donated back the winnings of the 50/50.
- In and Out Bagel for donating lunch for the winning teams
- Denise O’Conner and Olivia Olano for their help at the admission table
- Scoreboard attendants, Lori Chabrak, Keith Eggert and Rachel Eggert
To all the participants, the fans in attendance, the Booster club manning the snack stand and all who donated their time and money and asked what they could do to help this wonderful cause, we say Thank You.