“You never get a second chance to make a first impression.”
First impressions matter, especially when it comes to selling your Sussex or Morris County home. A whopping 63 percent of potential home buyers drop by a home they’ve viewed online and found to their liking.* Employ our top 10 curb appeal tips to enhance your home’s exterior, consequently enticing those drive-bys to take the next step towards buying your home instead of turning them away.
Top 10 Curb Appeal Tips
1. Entry Update: Apply a fresh coat of paint, replace a beat-up front door, welcome a new welcome mat, or even add a new door knocker to make your entry sparkle. (While you’re at it, get rid of those cobwebs above the doorway and sweep your front steps!)
2. Get Your Green Lawn On: A well-manicured, healthy lawn indicates to home buyers that you take care of your home, inside and out. Got mulch? Freshen mulched areas with a few inches for a fast visual improvement.
3. Let Your Little Light Shine: Take a nighttime walk around your Sussex or Morris County home to ensure all outdoor lights work properly. Consider placing solar lights along walkways and around areas worthy of highlighting.
4. Window Washer: Get rid of window grime both inside and out. Not only does this add sparkle to your home exterior, it increases your home interior’s natural light. Then, open your blinds, shutters and curtains for a welcoming feel.
5. Tidy Your Garage: Remove anything placed around or against your garage, and take time to organize the insides, in case your garage door’s open when that potential home buyer drives past.
6. Bring on the Blooms: Plant pops of pretty flowers to liven your landscape, or purchase potted plants and flowers for fast, strategic placement. Never use artificial flowers--they scream “cheap!”
7. Fly Free, Pink Flamingo!: Say “buh-bye” to lawn ornaments--what you view as cute your potential home buyer could see as clutter.
9. Mail Away: Check your mailbox for signs of wear and tear. Remove rust, straighten the post, give it a fresh coat of paint, or replace it outright! (Check your town’s codes to be sure your new one’s up-to-snuff.)
10. You’ve Got the Power: Finally, pressure-wash outdoor surfaces including siding, decks, driveway and sidewalks. (Don’t own a pressure washer? Rent one for a day from a local home-improvement store.)
*National Association of Realtors
Team Nest Builder is a full-service home finding and home selling team servicing the northern New Jersey Skylands Region. Our state licensed sales associates have well over 50 years combined experience and millions of dollars in closed business to draw on when servicing your personal needs.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.