TRENTON, NJ – New Jersey Lottery Executive Director Carole Hedinger announced that the 21st draw proved lucky for the owner(s) of one Massachusetts Lottery ticket that matched all of the numbers drawn winning the $758.7 million Powerball jackpot from the Wednesday, Aug. 23 drawing. New Jersey Lottery players were lucky as well. Two New Jersey Lottery tickets were sold that matched the five white balls, winning the $1,000,000 second prize. In addition, twenty-six New Jersey Lottery tickets were sold that matched the four white balls and the Powerball drawn, winning the $50,000 third prize. Two of those tickets were purchased with Power Play, multiplying the prize to $200,000. The winning numbers for the Wednesday, Aug. 23 drawing were: 06, 07, 16, 23 and 26. TheRed Power Ball number was 04. The Multiplier number was 04.
Those tickets were purchased at the following locations:
- Cumberland County ($1,000,000): L and K Petroleums, 3890 Route 47, Dorchester;
- Passaic County ($1,000,000): W & R Mini Market and Deli, 94 Nagle St., Paterson;
- Monmouth County ($200,000): Plaza Convenience & Deli, 2459 Highway 33,Neptune;
- Passaic County ($200,000): 7-Eleven #39776, 51 Willowbrook Blvd., Wayne;
- Atlantic County ($50,000): Smitty’s Liquor Store, 45 South New York Ave., Galloway;
- Bergen County ($50,000): Quench Wine & Spirits, 2450 Lemoine Ave., Fort Lee;
- Bergen County ($50,000): Township Stationery, 299A Pascack Rd., Washington Twp.;
- Burlington County ($50,000): WAWA #718, 720 South Church St., Mt. Laurel;
- Camden County ($50,000): Country Farm Convenience, 10 East Kings Hwy, Mt. Ephraim;
- Camden County ($50,000): WAWA #8311, 1824 Marlton Pike, Cherry Hill;
- Essex County ($50,000): Krauszers Liquor Locker, 645 Bloomfield Ave., Verona;
- Essex County ($50,000): Quick Mart Food Store, 172 South Livingston Ave., Livingston;
- Essex County ($50,000): Ralph’s Liquors, 65-67 Elizabeth Ave., Newark;
- Essex County ($50,000): Valero Fairfield, 650 Route 46 E., Fairfield;
- Hudson County ($50,000): Fiji 24 Hours Food Store, 2913 Bergenline Ave., Union City;
- Hudson County ($50,000): Quick Check #80, 400 Bergen St., Harrison;
- Hudson County ($50,000): Universal Liquors, 2117 Bergenline Ave., Union City;
- Hunterdon County ($50,000): TMF Mart LLC, 429 Route 513, Califon;
- Mercer County ($50,000): Krauszer’s, 234 Dorchester Dr., East Windsor;
- Middlesex County ($50,000): ACME #2827, 3500 Route 9 S., Old Bridge;
- Monmouth County ($50,000): 7-Eleven #11037 (N), 326 Morristown Rd., Matawan;
- Morris County ($50,000): 7-Eleven #39300, 99 Ridgedale Ave., Cedar Knolls;
- Morris County ($50,000): Quick Chek #159, 1268 Route 23, Butler;
- Morris County ($50,000): Quick Stop Food Market, 1446 Route 46 Troy Hills, Parsippany;
- Ocean County ($50,000): Manahawkin Exxon, 555 Route 72 East Ave., Manahawkin;
- Ocean County ($50,000): Quick Food Mart, 250 Route 9, Barnegat;
- Sussex County ($50,000): 7-Eleven #11472 (N), 33 Pine Cone Ln., Sparta; and
- Union County ($50,000): Jiordy Mini Market, 461-465 Spring St., Elizabeth.
In addition to the second and third-tier prizewinning tickets sold, there were 482,343 New Jersey players who took home an estimated$2,670,609 in prizes ranging from $4 to $400, according to Lottery Executive Director Carole Hedinger.
The Powerball jackpot resets to $40,000,000 for the next drawing to be held Saturday, Aug. 26 at 10:59 pm.
“Congratulations to all of the lottery players who purchased winning tickets and to the retailers that sold them,” said Hedinger. “I’d like to remind players to purchase their Powerball tickets with a winning attitude and add Power Play to the ticket purchase. Power Play doubles the second prize from one million dollars to two million dollars and multiplies all of the seven lower prize sets available in the game by the number drawn that evening. The jackpot prize is not multiplied.
ABOUT THE LOTTERY
Since its inception in 1970, the New Jersey Lottery (NJLottery.com) has contributed nearly $25 billion to the State in support of education and institutions.