SPARTA, NJ - The students of Sparta's Alpine Elementary school had a special guest visit them last month. David Jack of Mobile Education brought his program No Bullying: Stand Up - Step In! The character education program dealt with several components of bullying.
"David Jack did a great job holding the student’s attention." school counselor Heather Yanoff said. "He used humor and participation."
According to Mobil Education the program included information about:
- Recognizing the Bully
- Strategies for Dealing With Bullying
- How it feels to be a victim
- What distinguishes a victim
- The differences between direct and indirect bullying
- The differences between teasing and bullying
- The importance of the bystander
- Standing up for yourself by being assertive• How to avoid the “Bystander to Bully” syndrome
- Avoiding bullies
- Difference between "telling" and "tattling"
"David and his high-tech virtual character friend Cozmo, entertained and engaged the kids and taught them how to identify the players in a bullying episode and more importantly how they should deal with it," Yanoff said.