SPARTA, NJ – It is that time of year again. The spring Sparta Bag It Day will be on April 18. It is a day where members of the community and community organizations donate their time picking up trash from along Sparta’s roads and in Sparta’s parks.
“This is a great opportunity for local businesses, organizations, scouts, Sparta Board of Education, churches, neighbors, family and friends to get together to help clean up our community,” said Mitch Morrison.
“Every year the Nicholson family and friends, a huge group from Laddey, Clark and Ryan, Doug Radford from Realty Executives and friends, the Putnam family, Miriam Tower, Lee Daly, The Sparta Women’s Club, Laura Delea, Julia Scales, Janine Cerra and friends, Gil Gibbs, Neil Sauerwein and others pick up tons of trash,” said Morrison.
Some of the areas that are typically tackled by teams of trash removers are East Mountain Road, Edison Road, Route 15 Interchanges at Blue Heron and Stop and Shop, Route 15 near Houses Corners, West Mountain Road, Station and White Lake Parks along the tree lines.
Sparta Bag It Day Rules and Regulations:
- All children must be continuously monitored by an adult.
- Everyone must wear bright clothing.
- Everyone must wear gloves, work pants and work boots. Protective eye wear is recommended.
- Do not pick up glass, anything rusty, anything sharp, anything too heavy, anything that looks even remotely dangerous (like syringes).
- Bring your own trash bags.
- Bring water and a healthy snack.
- Children are not allowed on the road to pick up trash. Everyone must be off the road.
- You are invisible to all traffic. Do not assume anyone can or will see you.
- You are responsible for your own health and safety.
- Everyone must register by April 10, 2015 via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to participate in this year’s event, please email Mitch Morrison email@example.com to register by April 10, 2015. Morrison is coordinating the efforts of all of the participants. Please tell him where exactly you would like to pick up trash.