SPARTA, NJ – Sparta Board of Education election will be a contested race in November with four people running for three seats.
Kylen Anderson of 24 Island Trail, is the only incumbent seeking re-election after having served a three-year term. The other three candidates are Jared Chiariello of 15 Cambridge Drive, Joanne Hoover of 11 Cedar Tree Lane and Jason Ventresca of 9 Evergreen Place.
The nominating petitions were due to the county clerk’s office by 4 p.m. on Monday.
Some important election dates:
- August 14 Ballot position drawn
- September 8 Deadline for a School Board candidate to withdraw
- September 23 Absentee ballots begin to be mailed
- October 17 Last day to register to vote- Board of Elections will remain open late that day
- October 31 Deadline for County Clerk to receive an application for a Mail-in Ballot
- November 6 Last day to apply in person for a Mail-in Ballot
- November 7 Election Day
Mail-in ballots must be received in the county clerk’s office by close of polls on November 7.