SPARTA, NJ – Sparta High School was once again well represented at the Teen Arts program at Sussex County Community College. Many students earned recognition for their creations.
"I love the opportunity to learn new forms of art and see everyone else's pieces,” student Madison DiMarco said. “The variation and individuality shows how important art is to these kids."
"In the craziness of my busy, everyday life, sculpture and dance are outlets that give me a chance to wind down, focus, and relax," student Julia Young said.
- Mikayla Bivona’s Digital Mixed Media – Bent Depression will be part of the New Jersey Teen Arts Festival
- Christopher Gessling’s photograph The Fog of the Past will be at the New Jersey State Teen Arts exhibit and Select Exhibit at SCCC
- Sofie Mase will has her digital photograph Inner Growth at the New Jersey State Teen Arts and exhibit PAC gallery at SCCC. Her sculpture Scoliosis Blues will be at eh Select Exhibit at SCCC and Art Gallery at Bristol Glen.
- Lylah Johnson’s photograph Emmy will be at the New Jersey Teen Arts Exhibit
- Sophia Masterson will have her digital painting Holy Self displayed at Bristol Glen and the Judicial Center
- Toinana Rispoli’s photograph called Confusion will be at the Select Exhibit at SCCC
- Catilin Scarpa’s drawing Greed will be at the Selected Exhibit at PAC Gallery at SCCC and Bristol Glen Gallery. Her stippling called Reaching will be at the Judicial Center and Encore at Newton Theater
- Carter Sheridan will have his drawing Pre-Game Focus at Select Exhibit at SCCC
- Cailee Trapanese’s photograph Mind Over Matter will be at Select Exhibit at SCCC and was chosen for Idiom and Image Magazine
- Elimy Dilger’s sculpture Living Organism will be in the PAC gallery at SCCC and Encore at Newton Theater
- Brianna Falco’s sculpture Growth will be seen at Select Exhibit at SCCC and Encore ant Newton Theater
- Lissy Micera will have her sculpture Twisted Metal at the PAC gallery at SCCC
- Nancy Nester’s sculpture Under the Sea was chosen for Selected Exhibit at SCCC
- Kasey Senatore’s sculpture To Be Loved was chosen for Select Exhibit at SCCC. She also had a drawing Never Silenced in the show.
- Rachel Sosik had her sculpture Temptation chosen for Encore at Newton Theater and PAC gallery at SCCC.
- Madi Schwing’s Mechanical Bird sculpture was chosen for Select Exhibit at SCCC
- Lizzy Holden’s photograph Sugaree will be at the Select Exhibit at SCCC
- Alex Cohen will have his photograph Raining Fire at the PAC gallery at SCCC
- Polina Novozhilova will have a digital photograph Outlined at Selected Exhibit at SCCC
- Sydney Van Brunt’s photograph Married to the Darkness at the PAC gallery at SCCC
- Spencer Stewart’s sculpture Southport will be at Encore at Newton Theater and PAC gallery at SCCC
- Julia Young’s sculpture Future Shade will be at the Select Exhibit at SCCC. She also had a sculpture Paper Toucan at the Teen Arts Festival
- Carolyn Peterson’s drawing Locked will be at Encore at Newton Theater and Select Exhibit at SCCC,
- Nicole Knospler’s drawing Untitled will be at the Select Exhibit at SCCC
- Zoe Ameen will have her drawing Untitled will be at Select Exhibit at SCCC
- Samantha Lopen will have Untitled drawing at the Sussex County Arts & Heritage Council Senior Student Arts show at the Judicial Center Gallery.
- Mikayla Flanz will have her Untitled drawing at Select Exhibit at SCCC
Sparta High School’s art students works at the Teen Arts Festival:
- Tom Trela’s digital photograph NYC Polar Panorama
- Olivia Cella’s sculpture Standing Alone
- Bailey Plotts photograph On Me
- Ryan Kurz photograph On the Flip Side
- Beck Gozdonovich photograph Shapes in Nature
- Luke Hein photograph
- Jill Brennan photograph Time Slithering By
The New Jersey Teen Arts Festival runs from May 29 through May 31 at the Ocean County College in Toms River.
The SCCC Gallery Selects exhibit will be open to the public March 25 through April 17 during college hours.
The Sussex County Arts and Heritage Council public gallery exhibit at the Judicial center at 43-47 High Street in Newton from March 26 to April 16. The Awards event will be held on Wednesday, May 8 at 7:30 p.m. at the SCCC Performing Arts Center with select teen arts performances from 7:30 t0 9:30 p.m.
The Encore Gallery at Newton Theater Select Exhibit will run from July 3 through August 31.
The Gallery at Bristol Glen Select Exhibit will run in October 2019.
The SCCC Teen Arts event was established in 1969 to highlight talented county teen from seventh to grade 12. The festival includes works of creative writing, dance, instrumental music, theater, visual arts, video and vocals.
Visit and read your exclusive Sparta news at TAPinto Sparta 24/7 for FREE: https://www.tapinto.net/towns/sparta/
Sign up to receive FREE TAPinto news in your email inbox: www.tapinto.net/enews
Follow TAPinto on Twitter: @SpartaTAP
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpartaTAP/