VERNON, NJ – The Sparta Track teams went up against Vernon on Tuesday. The boys beat Vernon 88-51. The girls lost in a close meet 69-67.
The boys results:
- Joe Spekhardt took first and Sebastian Cook finished third in the 400 Intermediate Hurdles.
- Adrian Espinosa took first and David Nein took third in the 100.
- Griffen Casey finished first in the 1600.
- Tommy Livecchi and Tom Lynch finished one and two in the 400.
- Spekhardt took another first in 110 High Hurdles.
- Nik Veidis finished first with team mate Lynch taking third in the 800.
- Livecchi finished first and third place went to Zach Vail in the 200.
- Ben Giuliano, Griffin Casey and Veidis took one, two and three in the 3200.
- Top three High Jumps were made by Andrew Pondiscio, Jason Rotundi and Andrew Tavares.
- Rotundi and Pondiscio finished first and second in the Triple Jump.
- Pondiscio, Rotundi and Tavares had the top three Long Jumps.
- Arron Keck took first for Discus.
The girls results:
- Mikayla Pampin took second and Emily Kosker took third in the 400 Intermediate Hurdles.
- Cayleigh Glew took first in the 100.
- Kirna Cabrera finished third in the 1600
- Lisa Rippey finished first and Valery Shumskaya finished third in the 800.
- Glew and Meg Boryeskne took first and third in the 200.
- Sarah Levine-Ramirez finished first in the 400.
- In the 100 High Hurdles Glew, Emily Kosker and Rachel Spellman finished one, two and three.
- Shumskaya and Charlotte Cooper came in second and third in the 3200.
- Cassidy Walsh finished third in the Shot Put.
- Hope Nafis and Rachel Spellman finished first and second in the High Jump.
- In the Triple Jump Boryeskne took first, with Spellman taking second.
- Boryeskne and Katie Hastings finished second and third in the Long Jump.
- Cassidy Walsh took second in the Discus and Sarah Jessica-Harris took third in the Javelin.
The Sparta High School Track teams will compete at the Varstiy Randolph Relays on Saturday beginning at 9 a.m.