SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ –Sussex County Division of Health officials announced on Thursday there is one additional coronavirus case and no additional deaths.
As of August13 there were 1,385 cases of COVID-19 in the county, 198 deaths and 1,184 recovered coronavirus patients.
New Jersey Department of Health announced the requirements for schools to reopen. The recommendations require “community commitment to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus including: social distancing, wearing face coverings, cleaning and disinfection and meticulous hygiene such as frequent handwashing.”
The Rt rate remained at 0.92 as of August 13. Any number over 1 indicates the virus is spreading. The mortality rate in the state continues to decline as the rate of positive tests is increasing.
State officials announced hospitalizations on Thursday was 545.
State officials reported 656 new COVID-19 cases and nine new deaths on August 13 from 463 new cases and six deaths reported on August 12.
New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard reported there were 14,054 deaths and 186,594 confirmed positive coronavirus cases with a mortality rate of 7.53% as of August 13. The dashboard said 2,403,690 New Jersey residents been tested as of August 13.
Bergen County continues to have the highest number of positive tests in the state with 20,940 patients and 1,787 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 19,792 positive tests and 1,341 deaths.
Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,876 coronavirus related deaths and 19,840 positive test results.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, the United States currently has 5,226,916 confirmed cases and 166,623 coronavirus deaths with a mortality rate of 3.18%. As of August 13 New York City continues to report the highest number of coronavirus related deaths with a reported 32,797.
Sussex County COVID-19 positive cases and deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 243 with 114 deaths
- Branchville Borough 9 with one death
- Byram Township 73 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 89 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 48 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 21 with one death
- Green Township 28 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 34 with one death
- Hampton Township 38 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 59 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 143 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 14 with one death
- Montague Township 33 with four deaths
- Newton Town 116 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 19 with one death
- Sandyston Township 8 with one death
- Sparta Township 132 with 11 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 31 with one death
- Stillwater Township 14 with one death
- Sussex Borough 17 with one death
- Vernon Township 150 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 64 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.