SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ - Sussex County Division of Health officials announced no new COVID-19 cases and no additional coronavirus related deaths on July 10. The total number of cases in the county to 1265 with 194 deaths and 1067 recovered patients as of July 10.
State officials announced the key indicators. The Rt rate is again below 1 to 0.98, additional cases has increased slightly to 367, though it remains below 400 for more than a week. Hospitalizations remain below 1000 at 904 on July 10.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard there are 13,532 deaths and 174,628 confirmed positive coronavirus cases with a mortality rate of 7.74%. The dashboard 1,623,158 New Jersey residents been tested as of July 10.
Bergen County continues to have the highest number of positive tests in the state with 19,827 coronavirus patients and 1,751 deaths, adding just one death overnight. Hudson County is reporting 19,056 positive tests and 1,302 deaths, reporting no additional deaths overnight.
Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,812 coronavirus related deaths and 18,954 positive test results
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard, the four counties with the fewest number of reported cases and coronavirus related deaths are Cape May County, Salem County, Hunterdon County and Sussex County, as of July 9.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 3,184,573 confirmed cases and 134,092 coronavirus deaths, with a mortality rate of 4.21%, down from 4.28% on Thursday. As of July 10, New York City continues to report the highest number of coronavirus related deaths with a reported 32,331.
Sussex County COVID-19 positive cases and deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 241 with 111 deaths
- Branchville Borough 7 with one death
- Byram Township 58 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 85 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 47 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 21 with one death
- Green Township 19 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 29 with one death
- Hampton Township 34 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 54 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 134 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 13 with one death
- Montague Township 32 with four deaths
- Newton Town 106 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 17 with one death
- Sandyston Township 8 with one death
- Sparta Township 113 with 10 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 21 with one death
- Stillwater Township 14
- Sussex Borough 17 with one death
- Vernon Township 138 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 57 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.