SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ - Sussex County Division of Health officials will not be announcing any data until July 13. The total number of cases in the county to 1265 with 194 deaths and 1067 recovered patients as of July 10.
On July 12 state officials announced the Rt rate remained at 0.98. Hospitalizations stood at 890 on July 12. Overnight there were only 16 coronavirus related deaths and 349 new cases.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard there are 13,594 deaths and 175,298 confirmed positive coronavirus cases. The dashboard 1,685,604 New Jersey residents been tested as of July 12.
According to the state COVID-19 dashboard no additional deaths were reported on July 12 in the three hardest hit counties.
Bergen County continues to have the highest number of positive tests in the state with 19,871 coronavirus patients and 1,756 deaths, adding just one death overnight. Hudson County is reporting 19,121 positive tests and 1,303 deaths, reporting no additional deaths overnight.
Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,821 coronavirus related deaths and 19,008 positive test results.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard, the four counties with the fewest number of reported cases and coronavirus related deaths are Cape May County, Salem County, Hunterdon County and Sussex County, as of July 11.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 3,302,665 confirmed cases and 135,176 coronavirus deaths, with a mortality rate of 4.09%, down from 4.12% on Saturday. As of July 12, New York City continues to report the highest number of coronavirus related deaths with a reported 32,350.
Sussex County COVID-19 positive cases and deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 241 with 111 deaths
- Branchville Borough 7 with one death
- Byram Township 58 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 85 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 47 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 21 with one death
- Green Township 19 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 29 with one death
- Hampton Township 34 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 54 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 134 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 13 with one death
- Montague Township 32 with four deaths
- Newton Town 106 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 17 with one death
- Sandyston Township 8 with one death
- Sparta Township 113 with 10 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 21 with one death
- Stillwater Township 14
- Sussex Borough 17 with one death
- Vernon Township 138 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 57 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.