SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County Division of Health officials did not issue a report on Friday, July 3. The total number of cases in the county to 1240 with 192 deaths and 1044 recovered patients as of July 2.
Governor Murphy did not hold a press conference on Friday. Via Twitter Murphy announced there were 1028 coronavirus patients in the hospital, one more than on Thursday. The Rt rate was up slightly to 0.85, still below 1 indicating the virus is ultimately going to die.
Flags returned to full staff on Friday, July 3.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard there are 13,308 and 172,742 confirmed positive coronavirus cases. The dashboard 1,485,501 New Jersey residents have been tested as of July 3.
Bergen County has the highest number of positive tests in the state with 19,532 coronavirus patients and 1,739 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 18,913 positive tests and 1,287 deaths. Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,793 coronavirus related deaths and 18,842 positive test results
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 2,788,395 confirmed cases and 129,306 coronavirus deaths. As of July 3, New York City has reported 32,081 COVID-19 related deaths.
COVID-19 patients by town as of July 2 COVID-19 related deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 240 with 110 deaths
- Branchville Borough 7 with one death
- Byram Township 54 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 84 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 47 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 19 with one death
- Green Township 19 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 29 with one death
- Hampton Township 34 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 55 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 128 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 13 with one death
- Montague Township 29 with four deaths
- Newton Town 105 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 17 with one death
- Sandyston Township 8 with one death
- Sparta Township 110 with 10 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 21 with one death
- Stillwater Township 14
- Sussex Borough 14 with one death
- Vernon Township 136 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 55 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.