SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ –Sussex County Division of Health officials said there was one new cases of COVID-19 and no additional deaths on July 30.
As of July 30 there were 1,334 cases of COVID-19 in the county, 195 deaths and 1,132 recovered coronavirus patients.
State officials have announced coronavirus hospitalizations moved to 759. The Rt rate moved to 1.14 as of July 30.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard there were 13,943 deaths and 180,970 confirmed positive coronavirus cases with a mortality rate of 7.69%. The dashboard said 2,059,564 New Jersey residents been tested as of July 30.
Bergen County continues to have the highest number of positive tests in the state with 20,412 coronavirus patients adding one since yesterday and 1,785 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 19,434 positive tests and 1,330 deaths.
Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,857 coronavirus related deaths and 19,441 positive test results.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 4,475,979 confirmed cases and 151,650 coronavirus deaths, with a mortality rate of 3.38%, down from 3.40% on Wednesday. As of July 30, New York City continues to report the highest number of coronavirus related deaths with a reported 32,671.
Sussex County COVID-19 positive cases and deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 242 with 112 deaths
- Branchville Borough 9 with one death
- Byram Township 69 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 86 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 47 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 20 with one death
- Green Township 28 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 31 with one death
- Hampton Township 36 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 55 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 142 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 13 with one death
- Montague Township 33 with four deaths
- Newton Town 111 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 17 with one death
- Sandyston Township 8 with one death
- Sparta Township 125 with 11 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 24 with one death
- Stillwater Township 14 with one death
- Sussex Borough 17 with one death
- Vernon Township 143 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 62 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.