SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ –The Sussex County officials reported eight new cases and no additional death as of September 11. They will not be issuing a report until September 14.
As of September 11 there were 1,484 cases of COVID-19 in the county, 198 deaths and 1,260 recovered coronavirus patients. Three prior cases have been reassigned out of the county according to Sussex County officials. TWO positive tests attributed to Sussex County have been reassigned to another location.
In New Jersey the Rt rate fell to 1.06 as of September 12. Any number over 1 indicates the virus is spreading. The mortality rate in the state continues to decline as the rate of positive tests is increasing.
State officials announced hospitalizations on Sunday are 444, from 462 on Saturday.
New Jersey had an additional 297 new coronavirus cases and four additional COVID-19 deaths on September 13, according to the state department of health.
New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard reported there were 14,242 deaths and 196,634 confirmed positive coronavirus cases with a mortality rate of 7.24 % as of September 13 The dashboard said 3,168,653 New Jersey residents been tested as September 13.
Bergen County continues to have the highest number of positive tests in the state with 21,966 patients and 1,799 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 20,371 positive tests and 1,352 deaths.
Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,894 coronavirus related deaths and 20,657 positive test results.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, the United States currently has 6,504,139 confirmed cases and 193,463 coronavirus deaths with a mortality rate of 2.98%. As of September 12, New York City continues to report the highest number of coronavirus related deaths with a reported 33,023.
Sussex County COVID-19 positive cases and deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 250 with 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough 9 with one death
- Byram Township 78 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 89 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 49 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 24 with one death
- Green Township 32 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 39 with one death
- Hampton Township 42 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 60 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 155 with seven deaths
- Lafayette Township 17 with one death
- Montague Township 36 with four deaths
- Newton Town 125 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 21 with two deaths
- Sandyston Township 11 with one death
- Sparta Township 154 with 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 33 with one death
- Stillwater Township 13 with one death
- Sussex Borough 18 with one death
- Vernon Township 157 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 70 with one death
- Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.