SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ –The Sussex County officials reported four new cases and no additional death as of September 18. No additional information will be released until Monday, September 21.
As of September18 there were 1,497 cases of COVID-19 in the county, 198 deaths and 1,272 recovered coronavirus patients. ONE positive test attributed to Sussex County have been reassigned to another location.
In New Jersey the Rt rate rose to 1.12 as of September 20. Any number over 1 indicates the virus is spreading. The mortality rate in the state continues to decline as the rate of positive tests is increasing.
State officials announced hospitalizations on Sunday are 380 from 412 on Saturday.
New Jersey had an additional 453 new coronavirus cases and three additional COVID-19 deaths on September 19 according to the state department of health.
New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard reported there were 14,276 deaths and 199,762 confirmed positive coronavirus cases with a mortality rate of 7.14% as of September 20. The dashboard said 3,352,791 New Jersey residents been tested as September 20
Bergen County continues to have the highest number of positive tests in the state with 22,168 patients and 1,801 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 20,482 positive tests and 1,353 deaths.
Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,896 coronavirus related deaths and 20,833 positive test results.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, the United States currently has 6,791,815 confirmed cases and 199,479 coronavirus deaths with a mortality rate of 2.93%. As of September 20, New York City continues to report the highest number of coronavirus related deaths with a reported 33,087. New York has also reported 76,101 recovered coronavirus patients.
Sussex County COVID-19 positive cases and deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 250 with 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough 9 with one death
- Byram Township 78 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 89 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 49 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 24 with one death
- Green Township 32 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 42 with one death
- Hampton Township 41 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 62 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 157 with seven deaths
- Lafayette Township 17 with one death
- Montague Township 36 with four deaths
- Newton Town 126 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 21 with two deaths
- Sandyston Township 11 with one death
- Sparta Township 156 with 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 32 with one death
- Stillwater Township 13 with one death
- Sussex Borough 18 with one death
- Vernon Township 161 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 71 with one death
COVID-19 testing in Sussex County is only available through local health care facilities. Check their websites for details.
Testing is available in the area:
- CVS in Sparta and Oak Ridge.
- Enzo in Oak Ridge
- Skylands Urgent Care in Franklin
- URGIMED Urgent Care - Randolph, NJ 973-891-1321
- PM Pediatrics - Pompton Plains, NJ 973-616-5437
- Medemerge - Green Brook, NJ 732-968-8900
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.