SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ –The Sussex County officials reported 14 new cases and no additional death on September 24.
As of September 24 there were 1,547 cases of COVID-19 in the county, 198 deaths and 1,295 recovered coronavirus patients. One positive test attributed to Sussex County has been reassigned to another location.
In New Jersey the Rt rate remained 1.15 as of September 24. Any number over 1 indicates the virus is spreading. The mortality rate in the state continues to decline as the rate of positive tests is increasing.
State officials announced hospitalizations on Thursday are 433 from 459 on Wednesday.
New Jersey had an additional 564 new coronavirus cases and three additional COVID-19 deaths on September 24 according to the state department of health.
New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard reported there were 14,300 deaths and 201,552 confirmed positive coronavirus cases with a mortality rate of 7.09% as of September 24. The dashboard said 3,451,804New Jersey residents been tested as September 24.
Bergen County continues to have the highest number of positive tests in the state with 22,304 patients and 1,801 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 20,568 positive tests and 1,354 deaths.
Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,898 coronavirus related deaths and 20,927 positive test results.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, the United States currently has 6,971,871 confirmed cases and 202,692 coronavirus deaths, with a mortality rate of 2.90%. As of September 24, New York City continues to report the highest number of coronavirus related deaths with a reported 33,095, five more than yesterday. New York has also reported 76,306 recovered coronavirus patients.
Sussex County COVID-19 positive cases and deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 250 with 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough 9 with one death
- Byram Township 82 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 89 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 50 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 24 with one death
- Green Township 31 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 45 with one death
- Hampton Township 41 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 63 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 159 with seven deaths
- Lafayette Township 18 with one death
- Montague Township 36 with four deaths
- Newton Town 126 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 21 with two deaths
- Sandyston Township 11 with one death
- Sparta Township 185 with 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 32 with one death
- Stillwater Township 13 with one death
- Sussex Borough 18 with one death
- Vernon Township 169 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 74 with one death
COVID-19 testing in Sussex County is only available through local health care facilities. Check their websites for details.
Testing is available in at:
- CVS in Sparta and Oak Ridge.
- Enzo in Oak Ridge https://www.enzoclinicallabs.com/
- Skylands Urgent Care in Franklin http://www.skylandsurgentcare.com/
- URGIMED Urgent Care - Randolph, NJ 973-891-1321
- PM Pediatrics - Pompton Plains, NJ 973-616-5437
- Medemerge - Green Brook, NJ 732-968-8900
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.