NEWTON, NJ – Fifteen area middle school students were the recipients of the annual Middle School Caring Awards presented by the Sussex County School Counselors Association at a breakfast. The event was held in the Student Center Theater at Sussex County Community College on Tuesday, March 21.
The students who exemplified a caring attitude towards their school and community were recommended for the awards by a guidance counselor from their middle school.
This year’s Middle School Caring Award recipients were
- Eissar Abou-Jaoude, Halsted Middle School
- Paul R. Brandt, Sussex County Charter School
- Jacob Conklin, Hardyston Twp. School
- Marie Elisa DeCollibus, Lafayette Twp. School
- Danielle Faltraco, Sussex Middle School
- Skye Gunderman, Franklin Elementary School
- Joanna Keegan, Long Pond School, Andover
- Destiny Kelly, Hopatcong Middle School
- Christiana Malizia, Glen Meadow, Vernon Twp.
- Devin Malone, Ogdensburg School
- Peyton Nichols, Sparta Middle School
- Luke Owens, Hamburg Public School
- Stella Stigers, Byram Twp. Intermediate School
- Oliver Tipton, Frankford Twp. School
- Lauren Wrigley, Kittatinny Regional Middle School