SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ –Sussex County Division of Health officials will not announce any data until August 10. They announced four additional cases and no additional deaths related to COVID-19 as of August 7.
The New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard now includes information about contact tracing.
As of August 7 there were 1,366 cases of COVID-19 in the county, 197 deaths and 1,161 recovered coronavirus patients.
Some key data points rose while others continued in a downward trend.
The Rt rate dropped to 1.03 as of August 9. Any number over 1 indicates the virus is spreading. The mortality rate in the state continues to decline as the rate of positive tests is increasing.
State officials announced hospitalizations on Sunday to 483, down from 540 on Saturday.
State officials reported 344 new COVID-19 cases and five new deaths on August 10 from 368 new cases and nine deaths reported on August 8.
New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard reported there were 14,021 deaths and 184,773 confirmed positive coronavirus cases with a mortality rate of 7.58% as of August 9. The dashboard said 2,301,852 New Jersey residents been tested as of August 9.
Bergen County continues to have the highest number of positive tests in the state with 20,794 coronavirus patients and 1,787 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 19,671 positive tests and 1,337 deaths.
Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,872 coronavirus related deaths and 19,728 positive test results.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, the United States currently has 5,024,088 confirmed cases and 162,707 coronavirus deaths an increase of 325, with a mortality rate of 3.23%. As of August 9 New York City continues to report the highest number of coronavirus related deaths with a reported 32,773, adding five since Saturday.
Sussex County COVID-19 positive cases and deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 243 with 113 deaths
- Branchville Borough 9 with one death
- Byram Township 69 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 88 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 47 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 20 with one death
- Green Township 28 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 35 with one death
- Hampton Township 38 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 59 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 142 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 14 with one death
- Montague Township 33 with four deaths
- Newton Town 114 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 18 with one death
- Sandyston Township 8 with one death
- Sparta Township 130 with 11 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 27 with one death
- Stillwater Township 14 with one death
- Sussex Borough 17 with one death
- Vernon Township 147 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 64 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.