BOOK BY CRAIG SODARO
MUSIC AND LYRICS BY BILL FRANCOEUR
DIRECTED AND CHOREOGRAPHED BY LAURA A. RIZZO
MUSICAL DIRECTOR HAL KESHNER
STAGE MANAGER MELISSA GABILANES
Bring back the hip music of the sixties with the flower people, mystics, and protesters of the decade that changed everything! Starpetal and her girl band, Flower Power, start a student sit-in at Valley High, but the school principal denies their request for an in-school battle of the bands. They really want to go up against the boys’ band — Peter, Paul, and Harry — and they finally make it happen at Ole MacDonald’s farm. Hippie Shreddy Freddy, the mystic Maharishi, Bruiser and his bikers, and Max King, the famous record promoter, all get drawn into the excitement that becomes the Cornstalk Music Festival. Though it begins with the two school bands, it’s The Kooks, a top British rock group, that really sparks the festivities. Everything goes wild when the crazy bikers invade the event, but Big Mama knows how to tame them and calm the crowd. Lighting effects, a psychedelic backdrop, silly face makeup, the groovy clothing of the era, and a sixties rock beat all contribute to make this an unforgettable musical!
- A 2-week intensive summer teen musical theatre workshop.
- August 6th – August 17th for grades 8-12 grade (or by permission of director).
- The workshop meets Monday- Friday 9:00 am-3:00 pm at the Newton Theatre -234 Spring Street, Newton,.
- No experience necessary. Limited Enrollment first 25 students will be registered
- Registration deadline is Saturday June 16th (you must call to hold your child’s place in the workshop)
- Tuition Cost is $375 for the 2-week program.
- Performance will be held on Saturday August 18th live on stage 7:00 pm at the Newton Theater.
- Tickets go on sale Saturday, June 2nd, 2018 – Admission is $10.00/ticket.Tickets can be purchased on our website www.thenewtontheatre.com
For information please call: 973 383 3700 x5 or email: lrizzo@TheNewtonTheatre.com