Sussex, NJ -- Ways you can help your veteran
When your veteran is suffering, you don’t have to feel helpless. There are many free services for you to take advantage of.
Here are a few of them:
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) - Funds granted to non-profit organization to assist low income Veteran families to provide a range of supportive services to promote housing stability.
- Veterans Justice Programs – Service Veterans involved in the Criminal Justice System. Did you know incarceration as an adult male is the most powerful predictor of homelessness?
- Health Care for Reentry Veterans (HCRV) – Assess Veterans’ treatment needs approaching release from state and Federal prisons, help plan to access services, and provide post-release follow-up’s as necessary.
- Homeless-Patient Aligned Care Team (H-PACT) – multi-disciplinary medical home designed around the needs of homeless Veterans face, including general healthcare, as well as mental health and substance abuse.
- Make the Call – 24/7 phone support for stable housing in a crisis. 877-4AID-VET (877-424-3838) or chat online at https://rly.pt/VAhomeless
- Stay healthy – eligible Veterans can get healthcare and mental health care for substance abuse.
- Secure safe, stable housing – Veteran assistance with utilities, child care, etc. to help them stay in their homes and avoid foreclosure.
- Find a job – Job training and work therapy programs to help homeless Veterans find temporary housing and a paying job.
- Get a degree – Veteran tuition and housing allowance.
“These are all great support services, but you should also know that Project Help works in conjunction with the VA in supporting Veterans. It can get quite busy at times for Project Help but that is what we are here for, and we take great pride in all we do for Veterans on a daily basis,” Said Jeremy Curcio, Vice President of Project Help.
If you would like to help us in this rewarding mission, feel free to sign-up as a Volunteer – even if it is just a few events per year, all help is welcome! Just go to https://projecthelp.us/ways-to-help/be-a-volunteer/.
You can also take a minute and log into your Amazon account, except go to www.smile.amazon.com and search “Project Help, Inc.” in Sussex, NJ to designate as your charity. Now, anytime you buy from Amazon (mobile app included), buy it through the Amazon smile website and a portion of the sale will be donated to Project Help! Nothing changes on your end – prices and products are all the same.
Project Help is a 501c3 all volunteer organization founded in Sussex NJ in 2016. For immediate assistance, please call 973-875-2068. To get on the email list https://subscribe.keela.co/project-help/join-our-mailing-list.